Race Start Time: 5:30 am
The entry fee includes Long Sleeved Tech Shirt, finisher’s medallion, bus transportation to start, and a huckleberry milkshake.
The Marathon course features a unique blend of running surfaces first 14 miles on blacktop. 3.2 miles of packed trails along Warm River, and 13.6 miles of pavement. Spectacular views of the Targhee National Forest, the Teton Mountains, Lower Mesa Falls on the Henry’s Fork of the Snake River, and Warm River. The course starts at an elevation of 6135 ft. and is generally downhill. There is one significant uphill climb from mile 17.1 to mile 19.9 with an elevation gain of 300 ft. in 2.8 miles. The race finishes at 5253 ft. for an overall course elevation loss of 882 ft. Aid stations are located at approximately 2-mile intervals beginning at mile 2.
Race Start Time: 7:00 am
Entry fee includes Long Sleeved Tech Shirt, finisher’s medallion, bus transportation to start, and a huckleberry milkshake.
The Half Marathon starts in the Bear Gulch parking area. The race will start in the parking lot, and then follows the trail through the tunnel under the road. Everything will be well marked with flagging, and volunteers to show all the runners the correct path.
Rate: $40.00 per person with team sizes of 2 to 8 people. Additional teammates are free but are still required to register.
Race Start Time: 5:30 am
Because of the varying terrain, there are no designated official handoff points. Teams have had a bib with a chip and passed it along to each team member, at whatever handoff point they had decided, based on the individual team members abilities, and desired distance. All received a finishers medallion, and a shirt, and use the aid stations, and enjoyed our post race refreshments, not to mention the terrific scenery along the course.
10K, 5K Rate: $25.00, under 13 years old - $20.00
1 Mile Rate: $15.00
Race Start: 10k - 7:30am; 5k - -8:00 a.m; Kids Fun Run—8:15 a.m., All races start and end at the North Fremont High School.
- Entry fee includes a long-sleeved tech shirt, a unique finisher’s medallion, bus transportation to the start, and a huckleberry milkshake for all finishers in both races.
- Late Fees: 7 days prior to the race the entry fee increases to $95.00 full/$90.00 half and shirts may be limited—please register early!
- RACE DAY REGISTRATION IS ALLOWED AT VECTOR TIMING KIOSK
- Senior age is 60.
- Veterans, active or retired, receive a ten dollar discount as well.
- If you qualify for both the senior age and veteran discount then you will receive twenty dollars off.
- Friday before the race-packets can be picked up between 12:00-8:00 p.m. at Ashton Community Center at 925 Main St, Ashton, Idaho 83420..
- Saturday - by exception only! We have limited race day resources.
- Full Marathon: Race day packets can be picked up starting 4:00 a.m. to 4:45 a.m. All remaining packets will be taken to the starting line so they can be picked up and still have registration done before the race at 5:30 a.m.
- Half Marathon: Packets can be picked up from 4:00 a.m. to 6:30 a.m. Again, all remaining race packets will be taken to the starting area.
- The Pre-Race dinner will be held at the Ashton Community Center, 925 Main St, Ashton, ID 83420 at the east end of Main Street from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on the Friday before the race. Families and guests are welcome. Cost $7.50 per person
- The bus loading area is the North Fremont High School parking lot. The school is located at 3581 E 1300 N, Ashton, ID 83420. As you drive east on Main St. through Ashton, the school is located on the east side of town on the north side of main street.
- The first bus leaves for the start of the marathon at 4:30 a.m. with the last bus leaving at 4:45 a.m.
- The first bus for the Half Marathon will leave between 6 a.m. with the last bus leaving at 6:30 a.m.
- Vehicle parking is available around the North Fremont High School and side streets. The finish line is at the high school.
- You may also drive to the starting line of either race. Support vehicles are welcome.
- WE DO NOT PROVIDE TRANSPORTATION BACK TO THE STARTING LINE AREAS, RUNNERS NEED TO PROVIDE SUPPORT DRIVERS.
- 4 A.M. to 6:30 A.M. Cost - Free for runners - $3 for guests
- Menu: Milk, Juice, Coffee, Water in bottles, Bagels, Mini Muffins, Assorted Fruit, lights and good conversation.
- Marathon: From Ashton, travel approximately 18.5 miles north on Highway 20. Approximately 1.5 miles north of the Osborn Bridge on the Henry’s Fork River, turn right, (east) onto the Mesa Falls Scenic Byway (Highway 47). Proceed southeast along Mesa Falls Scenic Byway until you see the starting point sign located along the highway aprox 2.5 miles from Highway 20 on Highway 47.
- Half Marathon: From Ashton proceed east on Highway 47 for 5 miles. Follow the highway as it turns left (north) for another 7 miles to the Bear Gulch parking area.
- Early start is at 4AM. This option is only available for the Full Marathon runners. No early start Half Marathoners allowed . This is only for walkers, or runners that may be hampered by an injury, and feel it may take 7 or 8 hours to complete the course. If you are a 6 1/2 hour marathoner or better, you should just start at the regular time. We have a very scenic course, and we hate to have you miss it because of darkness. Also, the aid stations don’t start setting up until about 5:30 to 7:00. If you are interested in the early start option, you must make arrangements before hand for approval, and coordination.
- Timing provided by Vector Timing
- Protest Period: Any runner who has an issue with his/her finish time or position, please contact the race director, or Vector Timing. We strive to have accurate results.
- During the Rail Road Grade and in sections of the race where the full runners meet the half runners, please exercise caution and use common courtesy while passing. Please warn slower runners that you intend to pass them prior to doing so. You may have to run single file, or no more that two people wide for the first mile or two, until the runners spread out a little.
- Aid stations will be located approximately every 2 to 2.5 miles along both courses and will have PowerBar gels, Gu gels, Nutrigrain bars, Gatorade, Powerade, water, bananas, oranges, and sports lube.
- Restroom facilities will be available at the North Fremont High School on race day morning prior to bus departure. Port-a-potties will be available at the start of each race. In addition, restrooms are available at the Mesa Falls turnout on the marathon course, at the Bear Gulch bus unloading area for half marathoners. For both races facilities are available at the Warm River Campground--mile 16.5 for the marathon (and 4.5 for the half)--at mile 20 (and 7), 23 (and 10), 24.5 (and 11.5), and the finish area.
- All clothing will be brought back to the finish line area at the finsih line at the high school and placed in a designated area for each race. You may also leave articles of clothing with the aid station volunteers, and everything will be returned to the finish line area. Many runners use that option with their articles of clothing as it is always quite cold starting out, and warming up as the race progresses. There will be a drop off point/vehicle at the start of both races.
- Supporters and spectators are welcome to cheer on their runners along the course.
- Crew and Supporters be aware that there is considerable traffic on Highway 47 and the road is narrow—be very conscience of other traffic. Pull out only where there is sufficient room to do so.
- For safety reasons, dogs are not allowed on the course.
- There are no cutoff times for runners in either race. The course will remain open and race staff will remain at the finish area until the last runner has finished.
- Age divisions in both races are in 10-year age groups for males and females beginning at age 12-19, 20-29, etc. Runners 70 + will be in the same division.
- Marathon, Half, Relay: We award a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishing plaque, in 10 year age categories, in the Full Marathon, and the Half Marathon, Men and Women divisions.The age group breakdown goes as follows, 19 and under, 20 to 29, 30 to 39, and so on. We also award four Masters runners, one for each race. That being said, we won't double dip on winners. The first place finisher in either race, or gender, regardless of age, is the overall winner, and will be awarded the first place trophy. If they happen to be a masters age runner, then the Masters plaque would then go to the second runner over forty in either race or gender. If the masters runner does happen to finish in the top three of his age group, the next three finishing runners would then be awarded 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. That also holds true for our four overall winners. Whatever age group they are in, they receive the overall winner plaque, and the next three finishers are awarded 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. We appreciate all of our runners, and want to award as many of them as possible for their effort.
- All runners must be registered. Runners without an official number will not be permitted to participate in the race.
- Unregistered runners who do enter the race will be considered bandits and will not be allowed to participate in future races.
- All finishers in both races will receive a finisher’s medallion.
- Showers are available at the Fishing Bear Lodge on Main Street for $5. Towels are provided. Ask at the front desk.
- Each Marathon and Half Marathon finisher will be given a coupon for a free huckleberry milkshake. These can be redeemed at 511 Main Pizza and Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street (best milkshakes in the west!!)
- Refreshments including food and drinks will be provided in a specially marked area for runners only.
- Kiosks will be set up near the finish line that have instant results, so a runner can find their time, and finish order, simply by typing in their bib number. Also, on each bib there is a QR Code, that when scanned by a smart phone or tablet, will also give the runner his/her results. We do not do an official awards ceremony. Awards will be available as soon as results are verified, and can be picked up from a table near the finish line. One of our volunteers will assist you. Many of our runners need to leave for long drives, and or airline flights, or are anxious to head on to Yellowstone Park, so we like to get them one their way.
- Official results will be available on our web site as soon as possible following the race (hopefully within 24 hours). Results will not be mailed unless specifically requested.
- Bibs can be transferred, and runners can switch races, but only on approval from the race director, and or a Vector Timing official. This can happen on race day at packet pickup, but must be done prior to boarding the buses to head to the starting line. No switching will be allowed once the race officially starts.
- The race committee reserves the right to cancel the race for reasons that it deems appropriate. In the event the race is canceled, every effort will be made to contact all entered runners as soon as possible. Refunds, if any, will be determined by the fixed costs incurred by the race committee, on a per runner basis, at the time of the cancelation. For a refund contact [email protected]