Mesa Falls Marathon and Half Marathon Policy
- On Line Registration: Active.com
- Mail in Registration: Print an application form from our website and
and fees to: Mesa Falls Marathon, PO Box 548, Ashton, Idaho 83420
Entry Fees and Deadline:
- Entry fee:
- Marathon: $55.00
- Half Marathon: $50.00
- Entry fee includes an embroidered polo shirt, unique finisher’s
bus transportation to the start, and a huckleberry milkshake for all
finishers in both races. A finisher’s certificate and race results will be
available on our website after the race.
- Late Fees: 5 days prior to race the entry fee increases to $75.00 full/$70.00 half and shirts may be unlimited—please register early!
- Late entries will be accepted until 7:00 pm on Friday before the race.
- No Race Day Entries!
- Friday before the race--packets can be picked up between 8:00am and 2:00pm near the Angler's Inn and 2:00pm to 9:00pm at the pre race dinner held at the Ashton Elementary School
- Saturday, August 24, Race Day: Packets can be picked up at the bus loading area at the Ashton Elementary School prior to bus departure—Marathon 4:00-5:00 am, Half Marathon 6:30-7:30 am. A free runner’s breakfast will also be provided prior to bus departure.
- The prerace dinner will be held at the Ashton Elementary School at the west end of Main Street from 5:30 pm to 9:00 pm on the Friday before the race. Dinner is hosted by the Running Wild Running Club and includes pasta, salad, home grown Idaho baked potatoes, and home made desserts provided by club members. Families and guests are welcome.
Bus Transportation to the Start
- The bus loading area is the Ashton Elementary School parking lot. The school is the first building on the south side of Main Street as you turn off Highway 20. It is directly across Highway 20 from Dave’s Jubilee Super Market.
- Marathon bus leaves at: 5:15 am
- Half Marathon bus leaves at: 7:45 am.
- Vehicle parking will be available here as well--the finish line is only two blocks to the north.
- A runner’s breakfast will be served at the Ashton Elementary School from 4:30 am until the Half Marathon bus departs at 7:45 am. The breakfast is free of charge to runners and will be hosted by the Red Hats. Fare will include bagels and toppings, home made muffins, donuts, fruit, fruit juice, oatmeal, Gatorade, water, coffee, and hot chocolate. Runners only please!
Directions to the Start:
- Marathon: From Ashton, travel approximately 18.5 miles north on Highway 20. Approximately 1.5 miles north of the Osborn Bridge on the Henry’s Fork, turn right, (east) onto the Mesa Falls Scenic Byway (Highway 47). Proceed southeast four miles to the Hatchery Butte Road, turn left (east) and proceed approximately 5 miles on a gravel road to the starting point.
- Half Marathon: From Ashton proceed east on Highway 47 for 5 miles. Follow the highway as it turns left (north) for another 7 miles to the Bear Gulch parking area.
- Marathon: 6:30 am
- Half Marathon: 8:30 am.
- An early start option will be available to accommodate those marathon runners and/or walkers that may need or desire extra time to finish the race. If you would like this option, please let us know in advance so that we can make appropriatearrangements. NO EARLY START FOR HALF MARATHON
- We will be using computer chip technology to time both races. Timing services are being provided by Milliseconds Sports Timing.
- Protest Period: Any runner who has an issue with his/her finish time will have until 4:00 pm on race day to contact the race director in person to file a complaint. After that time period, results will be considered final.
- During the Rail Road Grade and in sections of the race where the full runners meet the half runners, please exercise caution and use common courtesy while passing. Please warn slower runners that you intend to pass them prior to doing so. You may have to run single file, or no more that two people wide for the first mile or two, until the runners spread out a little.
- Aid stations will be located approximately every 2 miles along both courses and will have Gatorade, Powerade, water, bananas, oranges, and sports lube. Extra clothing may be left at aid stations for transport back to the finish area. Please clearly mark any items left at the aid stations.
Rest Room Facilities:
- Restroom facilities will be available at the Ashton Elementary School on race day morning prior to bus departure. The buses are equipped with restrooms for the trip to the start of each race. Port-a-potties will be available at the start of each race. In addition, restrooms are available at the Mesa Falls turnout on the marathon course, at the Bear Gulch bus unloading area for half marathoners. For both races facilities are available at the Warm River Campground--mile 16.5 for the marathon (and 4.5 for the half)--at mile 20 (and 7), 23 (and 10), 24.5 (and 11.5), and the finish area.
- Warm up clothing and drop bags can be left on the buses at the start areas of each race and will be transported back to the finish area. Along the course, extra clothing can be left at any aid station for transport back to the finish area. Please clearly mark any items left at aid stations
- Supporters and spectators are welcome to cheer on their runners along the course with the following exception: The first 9.5 miles of the marathon course is on a gravel road and can be extremely dusty. Please do not take any vehicles along this part of the course while the race is underway! Instead, crews can return to Highway 47 and pick up their runners as they enter the highway from Forest Service Road 150, one half mile north of the Upper Mesa Falls turnout.
- Crew and Supporters be aware that there is considerable traffic on Highway 47 and the road is narrow—be very conscience of other traffic. Pull out only where there is sufficient room to do so.
- For safety reasons, dogs are not allowed on the course.
- There are no cutoff times for runners in either race. The course will remain open and race staff will remain at the finish area until the last runner has finished.
- Age divisions in both races are in 5 year age groups for male and female beginning at age 12.
- Details to follow
Awards: Awards Ceremony at 12:00 in City Park
- All finishers in both races will receive a finisher’s medallion.
- Awards will be given to the overall male and female winners in both races.
- Awards will be given to the first three places in five year age and gender groups in both races.
- We are including a Master’s Division with awards to go to the top Master’s winners in each race.
- *NEW IN 2010* Finishers plaques will be available as soon as results become available to accomodate those who need to catch early flights or go on to Yellowstone Park.
- Bib Drawing— A bib drawing will be held during the race. Drawing winners can check the Bib Drawing Winner Board at the finish area to match your bib # with prizes.
- Finisher’s Certificates will be available for printing for individual runners from our website following the race. Details to follow.
- All runners must be registered. Runners without an official number will not be permitted to participate in the race.
- Unregistered runners who do enter the race will be considered bandits and will not be allowed to participate in future races.
At the Finish Line:
- All finishers in both races will receive a finisher’s medallion.
- Showers will be available for runners for a nominal fee. Locations to be announced.
- Each finisher will be given a coupon for a free huckleberry milkshake. These can be redeemed at City Drug on Main Street (best milk shakes in the west!!)
- Refreshments including food and drinks will be provided in a special marked area for runners only. Vendors will be providing additional food and drink in the park for anyone wishing to purchase these items.
- Massage therapy will be available for a fee at the finish area for all runners.
- Unofficial race results will be posted periodically at the finish line as they are tabulated.
- Official results will be available on our web site as soon as possible following the race (hopefully within 24 hours). Results will not be mailed unless specifically requested.
- Full refund until August 10. No refunds after August 10.
- No bib number or registration transfers will be allowed.
- The race committee reserves the right to cancel the race for reasons that it deems appropriate. In the event the race is cancelled, every effort will be made to contact all entered runners as soon as possible. Refunds, if any, will be determined by the fixed costs incurred by the race committee, on a per runner basis, at the time of the cancellation.
For Further Information, Contact Us At:
- Race Director, Dave Jacobson 208-652-7771, 208-652-7338, or jake(at)fretel.com
Register for the 2013 Mesa Falls Marathon.
2012 Results Available
- Full Marathon Results
- Full Marathon Age Results
- Half Marathon Results
- Half Marathon Age Results
- Half Marathon Age Results 2
- 10K Results
- 10K Age Results
- 5K Results
- 5k Age Results
2012 Race Photos By Innov8 Studios
Purchase your race photos here! You can use the search section at the top of the page and search by bib number.
http:// heatherwilliams.zenfolio.com/ p291490788